www.bicyclesvancouver.com 1823 West 4th Ave in Vancouver 604-737-7577

Sunday, February 10, 2008

No time like the present...




Well, hell, there's no time like the present to announce that I'm also a frame builder. I was spraying the graphics onto my latest frame this evening when I got to thinking about these pics I took of the last bike I built. I'll post some of the next one too, or if you come by the store in the near future you'll likely see it there. The beer can shim? My client brought me the wrong size of seatpost but he was determined to ride it home so we drank a couple of beers to make sure we had sufficient "shim" material and then he rode it home. I wish I could find the picture of Lemond crossing the line with some Budweiser "shim" showing on his Tour bike. The flame dropouts? One offs, thank you, and not without some time and energy and a couple of Dremel wheels commited to the cause.

I'm painting the shop this week, and then building some pretty neat bikes for display, including the latest Satan Cycle. If you knock on the door I might just let you in, make you a coffee, and talk about bike stuff. Deal?

2 comments:

Mantas said...

i like it~
good luck with your business

Bruce said...

I'm still waiting for my satan cycle... I believe, I was number 11????